Monday 19 January 2015

LoGOz Live in Jarrow review - AcoustiCalendar Song #3 - CHiLLi VANiLLA

It was another bitterly cold night as we made our way to The Golden Lion in Jarrow for our first gig of 2015. Luckily we had played our intimate unplugged set at this place at the start of November so we quickly found our bearings, and with it not being a kick of the arse away from the Tyne Tunnel we made it in good time! As well as this being LoGOz first gig of the year it was also the first outing of my band P.A. So this was always gonna be an interesting night! We quickly set up and soundchecked without any real hiccups, so this was gonna be plain sailing right ;)
First band on were Black Bloc. With their mix and mash of classic covers from Sex Pistols, Anti Nowhere League & Stiff Little Fingers, to a few impressive in yer face originals, the spunky younguns kicked things off nicely! Next up were seasoned local Punksters Diablo 66 who blasted through a cracking set of aggressive 100 miles an hour Oi-thems! We were more than ready to tear The Golden Lion a new arsehole as we blasted straight into LONG TIME DEAD. Even my bastard sore throat wasn’t going to take the shine off our first gig of the year, as we pushed my P.A to the limit! Excitement got the better of me as my aggressive playing style meant l snapped my D string mid-set! Thanks to Jordan from Black Bloc who tuned up my spare guitar in the meantime! Little did l know my spare guitar with not being played for so long had taken a huff with me and decided to squeal and crackle between songs much to my annoyance! This nuisance didn’t spoil momentum for the band though as we rocked as tight as ever, but it was niggling me like hell! As we tore through PRETTY VACANT, Jordan and a bare chested John from Black Bloc had joined us onstage for backing vocals, as they grappled, fought, pogo'd  and lost themselves in the moment the mad bastards! At the end of our set the interfering uninvited guitar noise had got under my skin so my long suffering guitar took a battering up and over the top of my Marshall amp. That was it. Or was it? The crowd wanted more! Who were we to argue! We got back up and played ALIENATION, KARMAGEDDON and a second helping of MEXICOLA as we ran the risk of over running, but by now we just didn’t care! A brilliantly frustrating bewildering yet rewarding gig of a night! This one will last long in my memory for many different reasons, and even just now thinking about it makes me smile. Maybe you just had to be there :) Thanks to the bands for 2 great sets, Iain Bartlett for part organising this and asking us to play, Carlos for nicking my slice of pizza, and of course to everyone who came to see us :)

So onto my new AcoustiCalendar Song #3 CHiLLi VANiLLA. This is a bitter sweet laid back ditty about the frustration of the reality TV Talent shows etc we all love to hate and hate to love, and are now an expected platform for many an overnight success that we all just swallow up! Yum yum :P Enjoy. You can download this track for FREE at www.logozworld.com/52 As ever this song will only be available for 7 days until the next track is uploaded :)
Cheerz
Peesh





No comments:

Post a Comment