Friday 24 April 2015

Debut Acoustic Solo Gig - The Roxbury - Blyth - 23/04/15

Well here we are the day had finally arrived my first ever solo gig, in the familiar settings of The Roxbury in Blyth. With the LoGOz mobile carrying a little less gear than usual I was armed with only a guitar and a music stand, and shaking like a shitting dog! Nervous energy is good though, and stepping out of my comfort zone is something I've been wanting to do for years, and the timing is just perfect right now so lets do this! We hit the venue just before 8pm with a smooth soundcheck nailed with the audio assistance of Mr Vince Race I was ready to go!

The place was filling up generously with plenty of familiar faces, this was a good feeling! I hit the stage at 9pm and kicked off with THE BALLAD OF THE DiSENCHANTED and I was away! The warmth and great reception from the crowd eased my nerves and made it one of the most enjoyable gig experiences I've ever had! I played a 9 song set including tracks from my AcoustiCalendar project including RiOT ON THE RADiO, PiG, PAiNT THE TOWN RED, THE DEATH OF THE 7 iNCH SiNGLE as well as a few LoGOz tracks JUBILEEZER, HELLO LONELY & MEXiCOLA. The freedom of playing solo gives the songs more versatility and I can really play around with them without the restrictions of a band. I closed the set with OLD PUNKS NEVER DiE and even tagged ONLY FOOLS & HORSES/HOOKY STREET on the end which went down a storm! An amazing experience and one I cant wait to repeat, so watch this space :)


Next up were young female fronted rock/metal alternative quintet WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS. This only being their third gig the band admirably blasted through mainly covers of their favourite noisemeisters of the moment, including ASKING ALEXANDRIA. Then it was the turn of Mathematical Rockers FRET! With their hypnotic instrumentation and some powerhouse drumming by Nevermind The Buzzcocks Simon Amstell lookalike on drums, they created a unique sound all of their own!

All in all a fantastic night for my debut solo gig, it couldnt have gone any better really! Big thanks to everyone who came down to support this, its hugely appreciated! Also cheers to Vince for arranging the gig and for a great sound.

Don't forget you can 'Like' my new page www.facebook.com/acousticalendar

Also news of my first AcoustiCalendar 13.1 CD being released very soon!!!

Cheerz
Peesh



No comments:

Post a Comment