Thursday 30 June 2016

NEW 12:OTHERS Track #6 June 30th 2016

Here we go again on the last day of the 6th month of the year already! This can only mean it's time for June's offering of my 12:OTHERS Cover project. This comes in the shape of THE BALLAD OF JOHN & YOKO by The Beatles. I grew up listening to the Fab Four as many of us did! Although of course being too young to remember them in their prime, my Parents were huge fans so I always had access to their LPs and CDs. This song always stuck out for me and has remained my favourite Beatles track to this day. So what better way to acknowledge that than by souping it up and putting my own punk pop rock spin on it? The original recording of the song actually only features John Lennon and Paul McCartney, with the latter playing drums on the track. It was also the final #1 Single for the band, topping the charts in June 1969, a mere 47 years ago!!

As ever you can download the song for FREE at www.logozworld.com/12-others and will be available until the next track is uploaded on July 31st.

Just a reminder, don't forget LoGOz next gig on Friday July 8th is at Think Tank in Newcastle supporting Crashed Out. There are still tickets left so get in touch with us direct if you'd like some lads and lasses! It's gonna be a cracking night and only £6 each!!!

Last but not least, good luck and best wishes to LoGOz drummer Harry Thomas who had his kidney transplant operation today. I'm sure you'll join me and the rest of us in wishing him a successful op and a speedy road to recovery. We look forward to seeing him behind that drum kit ASAP :)

Thanks for reading!
Cheerz
Peesh x

No comments:

Post a Comment