Tuesday 15 December 2015

NeVeRMiNd THe mOnOcLeS! Its me and Mr. B / AcoustiCalendar Song #50.


Friday December 11th saw me play my first Solo acoustic gig since late September. This was back on familiar stomping ground at The Tavern in Blyth. But this was no regular gig lads and lasses, for tonight I'll be opening for the aristocratic rapster himself Mr. B The Gentleman Rhymer. If you've never come across this gent before he describes himself as Chap-Hop which is now considered a genuine genre these days. Other similar artists leading the way are Poplock Holmes and Dr Watts-on as well as Professor Elemental who he had been locked in a mock feud over the years. This was recently settled by guest appearances on each other's Albums. It's all Perrier water under the bridge now! So basically this was no easy slot as the packed Tavern crowd awaited their moustachioed pipe smoking hero. After a less than satisfying sound check and before I'd even had time to introduce myself to Mr B, who was enjoying a spiffing Chinese meal next door, it was show time. The stage area had been decorated splendidly with a fetching carpet rug, a clock, a Christmas Tree and an old fashioned stand up lamp. Jolly nice indeed. Tonight I decided to shake it up a bit and I opened with INTERNET BEST FRIEND a tongue in cheek stab at the selfie obsessed anti social mediaists in us all. It was an inspired start, as the mixed Blyth crowd were digging it! As my set wore on my confidence grew and there was great banter too, you could smell a good vibe in the room. I even saw Mr. B stroking his 'tache and nodding his head in appreciation. I even debuted my yet to be recorded Xmas AcoustiCalendar Song, which will actually be next weeks track. I closed the gig with OLD PUNKS NEVER DIE complete with ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES outtro which went down great! A very satisfying set, it felt great to back in the acoustic live saddle again, and to go down so well just topped it off for me personally. Mr B was one of the first to congratulate me as I came offstage "Great set, well done old chap". Within minutes the man himself was taking to the stage armed with his banjolele and iPad backing tracks. The now alco soaked crowd swarmed to the front as The Gentleman Rhymer kicked off with a Festive ditty from his new Christmas Album. The chap hopster delivered to his adoring crowd in a very entertaining fashion and his in-between song patter was addressed with typical impeccable etiquette! At one point he slipped into the Beastie Boys classic 'You gotta fight for your right' but hilariously altering the words to "You miss two classes and no homework, the teacher preaches class like he's some kind of nincompoop" haha if you don't know that song then that'll probably be lost on you, but I was pissing myself laughing! Other highlights included the ridiculous 'You Just Can't' with the infectious singalong chorus of "you can't rape a goat these days, it'll end up on your Facebook page" and the sublime 'I saw your father beat a man to death in Tescos'. All done in the best
Mr P & Mr B
possible taste of course. By the end of the night the place was literally bouncing! Everyone had came 
out for a great night of entertainment and left knowing they'd had exactly that! And to be a part of this event was just great! Sometimes it really can be that simple. Even at the end of the night the feedback from the crowd for my set was still resonating as people chatted and shook my hand and congratulated me on a great gig. Personally this was a very satisfying nights work. Check out this cool video from the night:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ATx2Bxc4FbE

Cheers to everyone who came down and contributed to a cracking evening of chap hop meets punkoustic bloke pop! 

Thanks as always to Clemmy Scotswood and Jill Bee. Also big up to Vince Race for putting on this top event and asking me to play. What a night! 

Also you can now see the NEW video for HELLO LONELY right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTVDoz10O5U


The video pretty much documents LoGOz live and studio shenanigans over the last 18 months! Hours and hours of footage condensed into 3 minutes of punk pop delectation for your viewing pleasure! Expertly filmed and edited by Clemmy and Jill. Do let us know what you think :)

So on to Monday and I now reach the half century for the AcoustiCalendar project with Song #50 WORRY RIVER. This is a bit deep for this time of year and is about the constant river of uncertainties and doubt that flow through my mind #serious :)

Don't worry kids it's Christmas Song time next week so get ya crackers at the ready! As ever you can download the song for Free from www.logozworld.com/52 



The season is upon us :)

Thanks for reading!

Cheerz

Peesh X

No comments:

Post a Comment