Tuesday 22 March 2016

Hometown Solo acoustic gig review 19/03/16

Saturday March 19th saw me playing my first ever solo acoustic headline gig at The Buffs Club in Ashington. The venue being a more than familiar drinking establishment to me over the years, therefore making it an extra special occasion. As the PA gear was all set up from last Wednesday's rehearsal we got upstairs to the live room around 6:30pm with plenty of room for the 8pm opening door time. A quick run through of a few tracks for sound check and I was ready to roll! As the doors opened people started drifting upstairs and before I knew the room was packed! This was most pleasing and added to the adrenaline fuelled nerves! As the clock struck 9 it was showtime. A quick introduction then I breezed into THE BALLAD OF THE DISENCHANTED and I was off! The banter was flowing and the full house were lapping it up! The first set also included LoGOz live favourite JUBILEEZER and it was great to see Paul, Carl and also Harry in attendance too as they enjoyed their nights off from the other side of the stage. I closed the first set with THIS IS MY ENGLAND and with crowd right on my side this was gearing up to be a memorable night I had been hoping for! Half time came and passed as I enjoyed a 20 minute break, chat, crack, drink with folk in the lively upstairs bar!

As the second period got underway I eased in with BREAKING AWAY the Auf Weidersehen Pet original intro tune, much to the surprise and joy of the crowd, before quickly launching into an uptempo INTERNET BEST FRIEND. I was in full swing now and as well drawing from my AcoustiCalendar project I also pulled some songs from my back catalogue. I played ONLY IN AMERICA from my Junkster days, and debuted a track I wrote in 2008 from my ill fated record company days called DEATH OR GLORY. 

Then I resurrected RUBY MURRAY from The Blisters, before bringing things back up to date with HELLO LONELY by LoGOz. It was a nice little personal trip down memory lane for me and judging by the enthusiastic response, everyone more than agreed too! After a rousing KEEP TA TIMBER IN AND YA POWDER DRY I sneaked in a little medley I had put together for my family. With this being a unique kinda gig I thought it'd be a nice little touch. I mixed SHOCK OF THE LIGHTNING by Oasis for my brother, into LISTEN TO THE BAND by The Monkees for my mam and auntie, then weaved into YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG by AC/DC for me dad before finishing off with DAYS by The Kinks! I even had time to forget to play STAND AND DELIVER by Adam and the Ants! But no one cared, least of all me as we were all having far too much of a blast! I closed the night with OLD PUNKS NEVER DIE complete with ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES / THATS LIVING ALRIGHT / LIKELY LADS outtro! As the crowd roared and cheered and demanded more I left them wanting exactly that! There was nothing more to play that would've topped what I'd already done! It really was an amazing memorable gig I'll never ever forget! Massive thank you to everyone who travelled and came down (and up) and help making it a truly special occasion! Cheers also to everyone at The Buffs club including Christine, Lyla, Roy and Tottsy! Special thanks to Clemmy and Jill Bee for the organisation and hard work behind the scenes promoting this gig and making it a big success. We just may have to do this again in the future yeah? Watch this space!

Thanks for reading 
Cheerz 
Peesh X

No comments:

Post a Comment