Tuesday 13 May 2014

Anarchy in the USA

Well yes its that time again. Its tuesday night 9pm GMT and its ANARCHY IN THE USA. Those nice folk down at Radio Northumberland over the last year have kindly gave me my own program! So in my wisdom I decided on a special show dedicated to the punk pop rock alternative sounds of America. 
A lot of these bands over the years have been a huge influence on myself as a musician and songwriter. Often being asked who are my main influences I can honestly say Green Day and Ramones are always up there for me. So therefore you will often hear them taking over the airwaves on my show. I like to play tracks maybe you havent heard before, so an obscure B-side or cracking album track is often cranked out for good measure! 
I like to try and cover as many of the genres and sub genres right across the board too. From the trashy New York Dolls & Blondie to the underground rumblings of the Misfits, Fugazi, & the Dead Kennedys, to the alternative chutzpah of Janes Addiction, Faith No More, the grunge movement of Mudhoney, Pearl Jam & Nirvana, to the punk pop revolution of Green Day & Blink 182 and the obscurity of Diahorrea Planet & Voodoo Glow Skulls, its all there..and more! So do your ears a favour and tune in every tuesday night 9pm GMT and listen live at www.radionorthumberland.com 
If theres anything you would like to hear then just give me a shout on twitter @PeeshNE63 or @RNorthumberland 
Turn on, tune in and listen to me coming in your ears! 
Cheerz Peesh






No comments:

Post a Comment